Pages

I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

I heard the voice of Jesus say,

"Come unto me and rest;

Lay down, O weary one,

Lay down your head upon my breast."

I came to Jesus as I was,

So weary, and worn, and sad;

I found in him a resting place,

And he has made me glad.

He has made me glad.

 

I heard the voice of Jesus say,

"Behold, I freely give

The living water, thirsty one;

Stoop down and drink and live."

I came to Jesus, and I drank

Of that life giving stream;

My thirst was quenched,

My soul revived,

And now I live in him.

Now I live in him.

 

I heard the voice of Jesus say,

"I am this dark world's light;

Look unto me, your morn shall rise,

And all your day be bright."

I looked to Jesus,

And I found in him my star, my sun;

And in that light of life I'll walk

Till traveling days are done.

Traveling days are done.